Getting to Australia
The prices shown for our Australia holidays do not include flights to allow for the extensive choice of routes and fares available for travel to Australia, which is almost unlimited. There are also many stopover options and given that almost all of our clients choose to tailor their holiday to some extent we prefer to quote for flights based on individual requirements.
Please note: we are destination specialists and cannot offer flight only quotations. Please contact our specialist team to discuss your holiday requirements.
Once you have an idea of your Australia travel arrangements simply telephone or email us for a quotation for your flights. We’ll need to know the following information:
- Your planned departure and return dates
- Desired stopovers on either or both journeys
- Preferred airline or preferred route (one will often dictate the other)
- Your favoured cabin class (economy, premium or business)
Our sales team will then be able to secure the best fare available to suit your needs. See below for details of our preferred airlines
There is no such thing as a standard price for flights to Australia, costs vary according to time of year, route flown and offers available however a reasonable indication of air fare costs is £600-900 (excluding airport taxes) based on economy class.
Passport & Visa Information
British citizens require a valid passport and an ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) for entry into Australia. The ETA has a 12 month validity, enabling multiple stays of up to 3 months for each visit.
The following types of electronic visitor visa are available:
• eVisitor visa direct from the Department of Immigration & Border Protection. There is no visa application charge or service fee for this.
• Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) via your travel agent or airline. There is no visa application charge, but a service fee of AU$20 (£ 11) per person applies. For further information click here
Our specialist team will be pleased to arrange your electronic visitor visa on your behalf. Alternatively you can process your own eVisitor visa application online. For further information click here
The eVisitor visa is available to British Citizens, please refer to the Department of Immigration & Border Protection if you hold any other passport, or other form of British passport (eg British National Overseas, British Dependent Territories Citizen passport).
In certain circumstances you may be asked to undergo a health examination before a visa can be granted, for example if you are aged 75 years or older.