Extend your Stay
Why not consider combining your Canada holiday with a side trip to Alaska, or enjoy an extended break in Iceland?
Icelandair offer a number of flights via Keflavik to North America, providing the perfect excuse for an Icelandic stopover en route! There is no additional charge to break your journey in Iceland and by including an outbound stopover you actually reduce your flight costs, saving between £50 and £100 per person on APD taxes. And with lower airfares, increased baggage allowance and a range of UK departure points, flying with Icelandair makes perfect sense!
- save money on your international flights - Airport Departure Tax will be charged at the European level, rather than North American, saving over £50 per person for economy class flights and over £100 for business class.
- save time on an Icelandair flight to Anchorage - flight time from Reykjavik is just 7 hours, making this route one of the quickest and most affordable ways to reach Alaska from the UK.
- visit Iceland free of charge - airfares from the UK to North America permit a stop of up to 7 nights in Iceland at no additional flight charge.
- regional UK departures are available from London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester and Glasgow, all direct to Keflavik.
- North American gateways include Anchorage, Vancouver, Edmonton and Halifax during the summer, with flights to Toronto operating year round.
Discover the World is the world’s largest tour operator to Iceland and we would be delighted to tailor a short or longer visit just for you.
View our full range of Iceland holidays »
Across the border Alaska is easily combined with a holiday to western Canada - enjoy a self-drive from the Yukon or cruise the Inside Passage from Vancouver. We can tailor your arrangements both sides of the border, or you may wish to consider one of the twin-destination holidays mentioned below:
View our full range of Alaska holidays »
Tailor made self-drive