Visit some of the most breathtaking locations in the Canadian Rockies while enhancing your photography skills with award-winning professional photographers.
Perfect for any photographer, from beginners to photo enthusiasts and advanced amateurs, this tour allows you to explore one of the most photographed locations in Canada whilst travelling through the heart of the Canadian Rockies and staying in premium accommodation.
You will enjoy some of the most scenic spots in Canada, including: Johnston Canyon, Mount Rundle, Moraine Lake, Lake Louise, Peyto Lake, Bow Lake and other very special locations. Keep in mind that it may be necessary to adjust the shooting schedule based on current weather conditions and may substitute alternatives. Don't worry though, there are picture opportunities around every corner!
Starting in Calgary you'll travel to Banff and visit the Banff National Park, Canada's oldest National Park, which encompasses more than 6,600 square kilometres of mountainous terrain, with numerous glaciers and ice fields, dense forests and alpine landscapes. You'll then travel through the Icefields Parkway which extends from Lake Louise to Jasper National Park in the north.
To ensure you get the most out of your photo adventure, you will need a solid tripod and a remote shutter release. Bring along any other accessories (such as neutral density (ND) and polarizer filters).
With landscape photos, we recommend wide angle lenses (typical coverage range of 14mm to 105mm). Keep in mind, you may see wildlife, at which point a telephoto lens will be your best option! We recommend a DSLR (or camera that allows you to manually adjust the settings).
Whatever you choose to bring, just remember - you will have to carry your gear!
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive Calgary
- arrive into Calgary Airport and take a shuttle transfer to a nearby Calgary airport hotel. Your day is free to explore. This evening you will meet your group to discuss the exciting week that lies ahead. Overnight: Calgary Airport.
- Day 2: Calgary - Banff
- after enjoying breakfast in the restaurant you will head to Banff. Upon arrival you will check in and enjoy lunch before shooting in the local Banff area. You will stop for a dinner break and be back out in the field again for an evening shoot. Overnight: Banff. Breakfast and lunch included.
- Day 3: Banff area
- get ready to rise early as you'll be capturing the sun as it peeks up from the dark. Be ready to capture some sunrise photos around the Banff area. For the afternoon, you'll have some time to wander around Banff, do some shopping or review some of the photos from the past few days of shooting. After a break, we will again have some dinner and head out to shoot some stunning evening photos, including spectacular views of the famous Mount Rundle. Overnight: Banff. Breakfast and lunch included.
- Day 4: Banff area
- today is your last day in the scenic Banff area. Subject to weather, you'll visit Johnston Canyon which is only a short journey away. There is a really good chance you'll see wildlife so keep your eyes pealed! Overnight: Banff. Breakfast and lunch included.
- Day 5: Banff - Peyto Lake - Moraine Lake
- You'll have some time to relax this morning and after breakfast you'll be travelling up to the inspiring Peyto Lake. You'll then spend some time at Bow Lake or Lake Louise before heading to the next hotel stop near Moraine Lake. You will have the opportunity to capture some stunning sunset photos of Moraine Lake, one of the most photographed locations in Canada. Overnight: Moraine Lake or Lake Louise. Breakfast and lunch included.
- Day 6: Moraine Lake - Calgary
- If you didn't have a chance to get that award winning sunrise shot, don't worry, you will have another opportunity this morning. Once you have captured the beauty of Moraine Lake or Lake Louise, you'll have a snack and start the drive back to Calgary for your journey home. Breakfast and lunch included.
Meals included where indicated:
B = Breakfast
L = Lunch
D = Dinner
This holiday is based on a selection of 4* superior accommodation. Please contact us for further details.
Prices & Dates
Price from £3,080 per person based on twin share
22 June 2018
21 September 2018
5 nights accommodation - based on comfortable 4 star hotels ● All transportation ● All destination fees ● Breakfast from day 2 to 6 and lunch from day 2 to 5
International flights ● Tips, gratuities and personal expenses ● Meals not specified ● Alcoholic beverages ● Airport taxes ● Travel insurance
Minimum group size 5 people
Maximum group size 12 people
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.