An action-packed 4-night stay in Whitehorse, in the heart of Canada’s Yukon Territory, offers the chance to enjoy snowmobiling and dog-sledging, and, conditions permitting, a spectacular display of the northern lights.
- Take to the skies on a sightseeing flight over Whitehorse (included)
- Experience the thrill of dog-sledding and snowmobiling(included)
- Lie back and relax in Takhini Hot Springs (included)
- Explore Yukon Wildlife Preserve for memorable wildlife encounters (included)
- With luck see the northern lights on an aurora viewing excursion (included)
Experience a true winter adventure in Canada’s wild far north as part of a small group. From the ‘wilderness city’ of Whitehorse to the vast mountainous landscape beyond, the Yukon is perfectly designed as a winter playground.
Whitehorse is set on the banks of the Yukon River and provides the ideal base from which to venture out into the wilderness, with all the modern comforts of the city to return to each evening. With Whitehorse renowned for its opportunities to view the northern lights, an evening spent at Fish Lake could well be the highlight of your winter adventure.
This is a small group holiday, maximum 9 people.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Whitehorse
- Arrive in Whitehorse and transfer to your centrally-located hotel.
- Day 2: Whitehorse, Yukon Wildlife Preserve & Takhini Hotsprings
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Whitehorse this morning, including attractions such as the historic SS Klondike and a “Skyscraper” constructed of logs. Later continue to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve to see elk, moose, caribou, mountain goats and porcupines. Nearby are the Takhini Hotsprings, where you will have time to indulge yourself in the natural hot waters against a breathtaking mountain backdrop. Back in Whitehorse enjoy this spectacular winter scenery from above, as you enjoy a 20-minute sightseeing flight.
- Day 3: Snowmobiling & Northern Lights
- Travel in the mountains surrounding Whitehorse, where you will be given a detailed safety briefing before embarking on your snowmobile adventure. Pass through the memorable winter scenery of the Yukon and soak up the view of snow covered mountains and lakes with thick layers of ice. After a relaxed dinner in Whitehorse you will set out this evening in search of the northern lights – this area is one of the best in Canada to view the aurora borealis.
- Day 4: Dogsledging
- Today you will learn the old tradition of mushing (dogsledging). After a detailed safety briefing you will explore the frozen bends of the Yukon River all the way to Miles Canyon, the dogsleds providing the ideal way to experience this icy wilderness. Later enjoy some time at leisure - you could book an optional snowshoeing adventure (additional cost, payable locally) or kick back and relax with a bottle of locally-produced beer.
- Day 5: Whitehorse
- Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Prices & Dates
11, 25 February 2017
11 March 2017
02, 16, 30 December 2017
13, 27 January 2018
10, 24 February 2018
10 March 2018
Minimum group size 4 people
Maximum group size 12 people
Twin price £1,056 per person
Single price £1,184 per person
Price includes return airport transfers in Whitehorse • All transportation as per the itinerary • Services of a local guide • 4 nights accommodation with breakfast daily • City Sightseeing in Whitehorse • Sightseeing flight over Whitehorse and surrounding area • Dogsledging tour • Snowmobiling tour • Takhini Hot Springs • Yukon Wildlife Preserve • Aurora Viewing Excursion • Northern Lights Bradt Guide Book
Price excludes international flights – please contact our team for the best available fares • Additional meals and sightseeing where not included above • Items of a personal nature • Tips and gratuities • Travel insurance
NB - Outdoor winter clothing is available to rent - please contact us for details
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.