Car Rental in Chile
Car Rental in Chile
A large variety of automatic and manual vehicles are available from Europcar Chile, from basic small compacts to premium 4 wheel drives.
Please note that named vehicles are given as examples only – similar vehicles may be used within each group.
A1* - Compact
Nissan March (or similar)
B1 - Hatchback
Suzuki Swift (or similar)
C1 - Small Saloon
Peugeot 301 MT (or similar)
D1 - Sedan
Toyota Corolla (or similar)
E2 - Powerful Sedan
Subaru Legacy (or similar)
F2 - SUV
Subaru Forester (or similar)
G1 - SUV
Hyundai Santa Fe (or similar)
H1 - Minivan
Peugeot Expert (or similar)
I3 - Pick Up 4x2
Toyota Hilux (or similar)
J2 - Pick Up 4x4
Volkswagon Amorak (or similar)
*Car category only available in Santiago
Other vehicle types are available - please contact our Travel Specialists for further options.
Rental Terms and Conditions
Insurance Policy Upgrade
You may want to consider taking an upgraded cover with Insurance4CarHire, which must be purchased before your departure from the UK. Take advantage of an excess protection package from around £3.99 per day or an annual policy from approximately £49.99.
How does Excess Reimbursement Insurance work?
This is a voluntary insurance, which is useful if there is an excess applicable to your car hire. The cover applies to the individual, so you are covered, even if you change the car hire company or the type of car that you have hired. It is designed to repay the excess or repair costs you have to pay under the terms of the rental agreement following damage to the rental vehicle. The reimbursement of the excess is subject to the exclusions detailed in the terms and conditions.
The policy can be bought up to 364 days in advance, right up to before you collect the rental vehicle. You can choose to buy either an Annual policy, which will provide cover for multiple hires throughout the period of cover, or a Daily policy which will provide cover specifically for the days that you request it.
What is covered
Key features and benefits include:
- Excess on damage and theft up to £6,500 per year
- Drivers aged 21 to 85 years old (inclusive)
- Covers damage to the windows, undercarriage, roof, tyres and headlights not otherwise covered by damage waivers from car hire companies
- Damage caused by using the wrong type of fuel: up to £500 per claim and £2,000 per year
- You (the policyholder), plus up to seven additional drivers named on your rental agreement
What is not covered
Please be aware that for this policy is only valid for residents of the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Sweden or the Netherlands.
Coverage exclusions include:
- Damage to the interior or contents of the car
- Drivers not aged between 21 and 85 years of age
- Rental contracts longer than 60 continuous days
- Where damage is the result of driving off-road
- If the market value of the Rental Vehicle exceeds £120,000
Full details of what is and isn’t covered can be found in the policy wording. The policy documents are available in English and Spanish. These can be found on the product description pages of the insurance4carhire website.
You can buy this insurance through the following link: www.insurance4carhire.com/discovertheworld or call 0844 892 1770.