Locked in by pack ice for most of the year, East Greenland is one of the last frontiers of the modern world. Virtually the only populated area on the vast east coast, the district of Ammassalik (encompassing Tasiilaq and Kulusuk) is only a two hour flight from Reykjavik and is the base for our 'Arctic Summer' add on, an ideal extension on a trip to Iceland.
- Stay amidst stunning scenery with spectacular views over fjords and mountains
- Walk through unspoiled wilderness
- Explore the town of Tasiilaq with its colourful houses dotted over the hillside
- Visit the Tasiilaq Museum to find out more about this fascinating region's rich heritage
- If staying in Tasiilaq, 2 short helicopter flights to and from Kulusuk are included, offering an incredible aerial view of the region.
The attractive town of Tasiilaq on the island of Ammassalik, has a population of around 1600. It is ringed by huge jagged peaks, some of the highest mountains in the country.
Several smaller settlements are scattered all over the district, amongst them Kulusuk, where the local Inuit population live from fishing and sealing, sometimes being away from home for a large part of the year. Here, more than anywhere else in Greenland, the traditional skills of carving have survived.
The suggested itineraries we offer include a pre and post night in Reykjavik, however it is possible to tailor-make your stay in Iceland to include a self-drive or longer city break itinerary, or to add further nights in Greenland – simply call us to discuss your options.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Keflavik - Reykjavik
- Arrive Keflavik, transfer to accommodation in Reykjavik. This evening take in the sights of the capital and enjoy dinner at one of the many restaurants offering a variety of options and cuisines (payable locally).
- Day 2: Reykjavik - Kulusuk/Tasiilaq
- After breakfast take a short taxi ride (payable locally) to Reykjavik City Airport, for your flight to Greenland. If you are staying in Tasiilaq you will have an onward helicopter transfer from Kulusuk. On arrival you will be met and transfered to your chosen accommodation.
- Day 3: at leisure, Kulusuk/Tasiilaq
- Today perhaps follow one of the walking trails exploring the stunning Arctic scenery, or choose an optional excursion such as a boat trip to a glacier or helicopter flight to the icecap.
- Day 4: Kulusuk/Tasiilaq - Reykjavik
- Those staying in Tasiilaq will transfer by helicopter back to Kulusuk, then onwards to the airport for return flight to Reykjavik. Take a short taxi ride (payable locally) to your accommodation in Iceland’s capital.
- Day 5: Reykjavik - Keflavik
- Transfer to Keflavik in time for your flight home.
- The above is a suggestion only; additional nights may be added either in Reykjavik, Kulusuk or Tasiilaq, subject to flight schedules - please call our office to discuss your travel plans.
- Departures: From the UK everyday June to August. In May and September subject to flights schedules, as a limited service is offered – please contact us for details.
- Meal basis: Nights in Iceland are on a breakfast only basis with full board whilst in Greenland (breakfast, lunch and two-course evening meal).
- Grade: Standard
- Type: Hotel
Renowned for its spectacular views over the ice-filled f…
Hotel Cabin, Reykjavik
- Grade: Standard
- Type: Hotel
Superb value for your money, this 252-room hotel is for …
Prices & Dates
|From price £ per person||Twin
|2 nts Reykjavik + 2 nights Kulusuk|
|May - Sep||£1,309||
|2 nts Reykjavik + 2 nts Tasiilaq|
|May - Sep||£1,623||£1,843|
|2 nights Reykjavik 1 nt Kulusuk + 2 nts Tasiilaq|
|May - Sep||£1,765||£2,016|
|Extra nights in Greenland
(on full board - 2 course set menu)
|May - Sep||£143||£173|
Upgrade to Panorama Room at Hotel Ammassalik £47 (twin); £71 (single) per person per night.
Prices include accommodation in Reykjavik, flights from Reykjavik to Kulusuk; Keflavik and Greenland transfers; helicopter transfers between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq (if applicable); full board in Greenland - (all meals while in Greenland are buffet style, but can often have limited choice. Dinner is 2 courses - either starter and main, or main and desert. The combination is at the chef's discretion); accommodation in Reykjavik is on a breakfast only basis;
Prices exclude return international flights to and from Iceland, taxi transfers between Reykjavik accommodation and Reykjavik City Airport.
Any day there is a flight available from June to August. In May and September a limited service is offered subject to flights schedules – please contact us for details.
Airfares between UK and Iceland are quoted separately to ensure you the best price and are not included in prices below. find out more »
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.