Lulea and the surrounding area in Swedish Lapland is a land of complete contrast. With an archipelago of over 1,300 islands, vast woodland and river valleys it hosts a wealth of charming experiences for an unforgettable winter holiday. This 4-night break combines the breathtaking archipelago with the frozen Bothnian Bay your playground and the iconic Treehotel located in the middle of unspoiled nature for a unique overnight experience. Situated just below the Arctic Circle, this area is also a great location for those in search of the phenomenal northern lights!
- Vast frozen landscape and peaceful location
- Activities included at Brandon Lodge
- Stay at the unique Treehotel
- Perfect place to experience the Northern Lights
Your adventure begins in the Lulea Archipelago, a vast landscape of snow and ice across the frozen Gulf of Bothnia to the horizon in the distance, a truly mesmerizing place – and the perfect setting to try your hand at winter activities.
There are two properties to choose from for your 3 night stay on the archipelago, just a 30 minute transfer from the city of Lulea. Brandon Lodge is located on an island surrounded by frozen sea and comprises of cabin style accommodation for up to four people, each with two bedrooms, bathroom and lounge area. Its main building houses the restaurant and comfortable lounge area to relax. Situated on the coastal edge of the archipelago is Pine Bay Lodge, a small hotel in a Swedish red cottage style which has just 10 rooms for a personal and intimate atmosphere. The centre of the guesthouse is a large open-plan dining and lounge area with an enormous open fire, and there is also a sauna to warm up after the day's exertions.
At both lodges we have included three wonderful activities - husky sledding, snowmobiling in the forest and a northern lights sled tour. There are also other fantastic choices available to pre-book, such as a hovercraft tour, Nordic winter skills, northern lights snowshoe walks, ice fishing and a romantic dinner on ice.
After time on the archipelago, you are transferred to the small village of Harads for the last night spent at the Treehotel, a unique and very special way to end your stay in Swedish Lapland. The inspiration of Kent and Britta Lindvall the Treehotel offers seven different tree rooms with contemporary design suspended 4-6 metres above the ground, some with spectacular views of the Lule river valley. Choose from the Mirror Cube, The Cabin, The Nest, The UFO, The Blue Cone, Dragonfly and The 7th Room, each with an individual theme.
When you arrive, you first check-in at Britta's Guesthouse, a very welcoming and cosy lodge, this is where the fantastic home cooked meals are served. Then it's a few minutes walk through the beautiful forest to your tree room for an overnight stay. There are several special extras and activities which can be added to enhance your stay, so why not extend your time here and try a different tree room for the second or even third night!
In addition to the tree rooms, there are two tree saunas which can be booked for private use, a jacuzzi bath, Swedish massage and Forest Spa, a romantic wood fired bathtub for two people. And if you didn't get a chance to experience some winter activities on the archipelago there is a good choice available to pre-book whilst at the Treehotel.
Contact our Sweden experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive in Lulea
- Fly to Lulea via Stockholm. On arrival you are met and transferred to the Lulea archipelago (approximately 25 minutes) to either Brandon Lodge or Pine Bay Lodge for a 3-night stay on half board basis.
- Days 2-3: winter activities
- Included are three wonderful winter experiences - husky sledding, snowmobiling and a northern lights sled tour. There are also other optional activities which can be booked during your time on the archipelago. Choose from hovercraft on the pack ice; dinner on ice; aurora snowshoes and ice fishing. And if you have any spare time, the lodges are a great place to relax and unwind, perhaps warm up in the sauna (additional charge) after time on the snowy trails.
- Day 4: Lulea archipelago to Treehotel
- Enjoy time at leisure in the morning then after lunch at 2pm, transfer from your accommodation to the village Harads, home to the Treehotel (journey time approximately 90 minutes). On arrival check in at Britta's Guesthouse and then make your way on foot through the forest to your unique tree room. Enjoy the warm hospitality and evening meal at Britta's before your overnight stay in the trees.
- Day 5: depart Swedish Lapland
- After breakfast join the transfer back to Lulea airport for your flight home (via Stockholm).
Brandon Lodge, Lulea Archipelago
- Grade: Standard
- Type: Hotel
This charming lodge is located on an island on the north…
Pine Bay Lodge, Lulea Archipelago
- Grade: Standard
- Type: Hotel
A lovely small and intimate lodge with just 10 guest roo…
Prices & Dates
Prices per person from
|Jan - Mar 2018||Brandon Lodge|
|Pine Bay Lodge|
|Cabin / Twin room||£1,952||£1,952|
|Child (age 3 to 11 years)||£1,062||£1,062|
Price is based on 2 adults sharing a Cabin or twin room. Child price based on sharing with 2 adults.
Price includes return flights from London Heathrow to Lulea (via Stockholm) with Scandinavian Airlines, airport charges and taxes; return transfers from/to the airport; 3 nights accommodation at Brandon Lodge or Pine Bay Lodge based on half board (2-course); Snowmobile Forest tour (2 hours); Husky Sledding (2 hours); Northern Lights sled tour (2 hours); transfer to Treehotel; 1 night in the Treehotel based on half board (3 courses).
At both lodge's it is possible to pre-book lunch or purchase locally as some activities have lunch included.
Why not extend your holiday and spend time in Stockholm at the beginning or end of the journey!
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.