For a guaranteed White Christmas head above the Arctic Circle to the Icehotel in Swedish Lapland. With its snow covered landscapes, thrilling winter activities and delicious Scandinavian cuisine, this is a truly special festive break. Whether you celebrate with family or friends, discover the spirit of Lapland this Christmas.
- Join the Christmas Day torchlight procession and traditional carol concert
- Enjoy the Christmas Games on the frozen Torne River
- Experience sleeping on ice for a Christmas with a difference!
- Special appearance by Santa on Christmas Eve
- Explore Swedish Lapland on a range of optional activities, including snowmobiling and husky sledding
- Look out for the aurora borealis in the dark skies above
What better way to celebrate the festive season than to spend it somewhere that boasts a spectacular Icehotel and perfect Christmas-card scenery. As if a holiday at the Icehotel isn't special enough, at Christmas it takes on a whole new ambience, lit with twinkling lights and decorated trees, as festive aromas punctuate your senses, warming Glögg full of Christmas spices and that consummate favourite, traditional gingerbread - available throughout the day . You'll have no problem getting into the festive spirit and we don't just mean by visiting the Icebar!
Departing on 23rd December, you’ll spend 3 nights surrounded by a real-life winter wonderland. With a wide range of exciting winter activities on offer, there are plenty of options for exploring the snow covered wilderness areas surrounding the quaint Swedish village of Jukkasjärvi.
On Christmas Day you can choose to join the special torchlight procession to the village's picturesque church for a Christmas Day carol concert. And don’t forget to keep a look out for the northern lights. Surely the perfect way to spend the most wonderful time of the year!
This magical departure is one not to miss. With only one direct flight from London Heathrow to Kiruna, availability is limited so early booking is advisable.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Kiruna - Icehotel
- Fly from the UK to Kiruna direct and transfer to Jukkasjarvi. Check in at the Icehotel for 3 nights (one in a standard Ice Room) and get kitted out in your thermal clothing, on loan for the duration of your stay. Then take a guided tour.
- Day 2: Christmas Eve at the Icehotel
- Enjoy a buffet breakfast in the Icehotel restaurant then the day is free to explore your scenic surrounds or one of the many available optional excursions. There are also a number of other activities in and around the Icehotel to help fill your day.
- Day 3: Christmas Day at the Icehotel
- Be as active or relaxed as you wish today ' don't forget it's advisable to book many of the optional excursions in advance, or at least soon after you check in to ensure availability. In the late afternoon there is a torchlight procession down to the picturesque little church at the end of the village. Here you'll listen to a very Christmassy carol concert with traditional Swedish and English songs.
- Day 4: Icehotel - Kiruna
- After breakfast enjoy a morning at leisure to take a few more treasured photos or perhaps try out your luck with ice fishing. Transfer to the airport at Kiruna and then fly back to the UK.
- The night 'sleeping on ice' will be confirmed at the time of booking; should you wish to spend all 3 nights in warm accommodation, please contact us to check availability.
- Guests at the Icehotel will be provided with a one-piece thermal suit, mittens, hat and thermal waterproof boots for use during their stay at the Icehotel. The exact order of the itinerary will be given at the time of confirming your booking.
Children and the IcehotelThe Icehotel is not suitable for the very young, except at Christmas time when we make special arrangements for families. On most excursions a 50% reduction is offered for children under 12 but bear in mind that all children must be accompanied by an adult and are not able, for example, to drive snowmobiles or dog teams, or join the ice sculpting class where sharp instruments are used. Please note that the Icehotel does not provide a Children's Menu in the restaurants.
The sure-footed Icelandic horse will be your mount for the …
Few things are as memorable as dinner under the stars.
Prices & Dates
|Per person prices from||23 Dec 2018 (3 nights)|
|Child, aged 8-14||£627|
Additional adult price - for the 3rd and 4th adult sharing the accommodation (not applicable to Kaamos rooms)
Single - single traveller in a Ice Room combined with a Kaamos Room
Child prices are based on sharing with 2 adults
Price includes return direct flights between London Heathrow and Kiruna (with complimentary in-flight meal, beer, wine and soft drinks); 2 nights in a Kaamos room and 1 night in a Ice Room; morning sauna and breakfast; torchlight procession and carol concert; services of a Discover the World representative; airport transfers, airport taxes and a thermal one-piece suit, boots and mittens to use while staying at the Icehotel.
Why not upgrade your accommodation at the Icehotel in the Cold room. Upgrade to a Art Suite from £53 per person per night and to a Deluxe Suite from £195 per person per night (price based on Monday night in low season).
Festive meals please ask our travel specialist to make a table reservation for you for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners, to ensure you have the meals at preferred times. One meal will be a traditional Swedish smörgåsbord and the other, a Christmas ICE menu. The meals are payable locally, directly to the ICEHOTEL.
Note drinks are not included and are payable locally
2018 Departure Date
Direct Flight - London-Kiruna | Flight time - 3.5 hours
23 December 2018
Departs London Heathrow at 10.35, arriving Kiruna at 14:55
26 December 2018
Departs Kiruna at 14.25, arriving London Heathrow at 17:00
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.
Meet the team
Christmas at Muotka Lodge
New Year Break at Nellim Wilderness Hotel
New Year at the Icehotel