Jacque de Villiers imagebank.sweden.se
Varmland competes for the title of Sweden’s great outdoors, its remarkable landscapes and wealth of outdoor activities, never failing to impress.
Rivers & Lakes
The province is criss-crossed with narrow lakes and rivers, the Klaralven River among its most beautiful. It begins turbulently in Norway, but gradually becomes broader and winding before emptying into Lake Vanern near the province’s largest town, Karlstad. The Klaralven was the last Swedish river used for floating logs, and although no longer used for this, it now offers the unique activity of building your own raft and floating peacefully down river, winding your way through glorious countryside, letting the world pass you by… and maybe the odd beaver or moose!
The scenic mountains and lakes have inspired painters and writers since the 19th century, and today it’s an ideal area for walking, swimming, camping or fishing. In the wild woods of Värmland you can find true tranquillity together with exciting adventures. Track and trails intersecting the woods can be explored by bike or on horseback and there is a wealth of waterways for canoeing, rafting and fishing.
35 Years of Experience
- Experienced destination experts
- Dedicated travel specialist throughout
- Flexible and hassle free
- Tailor made holidays to suit you
- First-hand experience in every destination
- Inspirational and authentic itineraries
- Local award winning guides
- Honest, trustworthy, established experts
- 24-hr support whilst on holiday
- Full financial protection
- No hidden surcharges
- Holiday price promise