Lulea and the surrounding area in Swedish Lapland is a land of complete contrast. With an archipelago of over 1,300 islands, vast woodland and river valleys it hosts a wealth of charming experiences for an unforgettable winter break. This 4-night inclusive break offers the chance to experience the delightful Brandon Lodge with an array of exciting winter activities to choose from and situated just below the Arctic Circle, the location is also a great choice for those in search of the phenomenal northern lights!
- Vast frozen landscapes and peaceful location
- Cosy lodge and cabin accommodation
- Excellent choice of activities
- Perfect place to experience the northern lights
Your adventure is set in the Lulea Archipelago, a vast landscape of snow and ice across the frozen Gulf of Bothnia to the horizon in the distance, a truly mesmerizing place – and the perfect setting to try your hand at the thrilling winter activities.
Situated just 30 minutes from the airport and city of Lulea. Brandon Lodge is located on an island surrounded by frozen sea and comprises of 15 detached cabins offering comfortable accommodation for up to four people, each with two bedrooms, bathroom and lounge area with seating, table and chairs and small kitchenette - perfect to make a hot drink after a day in the snow! The cabins are scattered in the forest edge overlooking the frozen sea and just a few steps away from the main building which houses the restaurant on the first floor and comfortable lounge and bar area on the ground floor.
On site there is a small aurora cabin where guests can light the log burner and use to keep warm while keeping a watch for the aurora in the clear skies above. There is also a sauna which can be privately booked at an additional charge and a hot tub which can be added for that special occasion.
Getting between the airport and Brandon Lodge is by a guided transfer, giving you a more personal service and with information from the guide on the area and life in Swedish Lapland. The return transfer is by a standard taxi service.
A trip to Swedish Lapland wouldn't be complete without taking part in some of the winter activities available. We have selected three of the most popular options to include on this 4 night trip - drive your own dog sled; snowmobile forest safari and a northern lights sled tour. But there is plenty of time to add any others you may wish to experience, such as a hovercraft on ice tour, Nordic winter skills, northern lights snowshoe walks, northern lights snowmobile tour, ice fishing and a romantic dinner on ice.
There is also the option of the package without activities included and you can then choose which ones to add. Please ask our sales team for information and prices.
Contact our Sweden experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive at Brandon Lodge
- On arrival at Lulea Airport you are met and transferred to Brandon Lodge, either by taxi transfer (30 minutes) or a longer guided journey with information about the area. Check in to your cabin accommodation before having the evening meal (2-course) in the restaurant.
- Days 2-4: winter activities
- The next three days is filled with winter fun activities and time to relax in the snowy surrounds. There are three activities included, but there are also other optional excursions available to pre-book. The exact schedule order for the activities will be confirmed locally due to weather conditions and group sizes, but there is plenty of time to relax and enjoy the facilities. Perhaps book a sauna and hot tub session, feed the reindeer in their enclosure on site or read a book in front of the fire place in the lodge's lounge.
- Day 5: depart Lulea Archipelago
- Depending on the flight departure you may have time in the morning at the lodge before the transfer back to the airport for your flight home.
A unique way to travel across the frozen Bothnian Bay.
Snowmobile to a frozen lake and learn the art of ice fishin…
Prices & Dates
Brandon Lodge - 4 nights (3 activities included)
|Per person prices from||Jan to Mar (2019)|
|Cabin (based on two adults sharing)||£1,719|
|Child (4-12 years - when sharing with two adults)||£1,132|
Price includes return flights from London Heathrow to Lulea (via Stockholm) with Scandinavian Airlines, airport charges and taxes; guided transfer to the Lodge; 4 nights accommodation at Brändön Lodge based on half board (2-courses); 2 hour snowmobile forest safari; 2 hour dog sledding tour; 2 hours northern lights sled tour; taxi transfer to airport.
Brandon Lodge - 4 nights (no activities)
|Per person prices from||Jan to Mar (2019)|
|Cabin (based on two adults sharing)||£1,266|
|Child (4-12 years - when sharing with two adults)||£863|
Price includes return flights from London Heathrow to Lulea (via Stockholm) with Scandinavian Airlines, airport charges and taxes; guided transfer to the Lodge; 4 nights accommodation at Brändön Lodge based on full board (2-course dinner); taxi transfer to the airport.
For arrivals in 2019 we have included lunch in the package.
Price excludes: meals unless otherwise stated, personal expenses and any optional excursions booked.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.